Terms and Conditions
This inaugural Mental Health Film Festival is launched on the World Mental Health Day, Oct 10, 2018. It is the first of its kind in Malaysia – creating awareness through films and storytelling.
At the festival we have a complete short film contest as well as retrospectives, special curated forum and Q&As with the industry practitioners and filmmakers. We present stories of lived experience of mental illness in an effort to promote a national conversation around mental health.
Funds raised from the festival will go to support projects helping the disadvantaged in our community especially those with mental health issues through our charity partner (to be announced) and its programs.
Awards and Prizes
1. Best Short Video Winner Cash prize RM 1,000 or equivalent
2. Best Short Video Runner-up RM 800 or equivalent
3. Best Short Video 2nd Runner-up RM 500 or equivalent
4. Audience Award Cash Prize RM 1,000 or equivalent
5. Best International Short Video Cash Prize $250 or equivalent
6. Best International Short Video Cash Prize $200 or equivalent
7. Best International Short Video Cash Prize $150 or equivalent
Rules and Terms
All films MUST follow the following rules:
1. Provides an inspiring voice for social justice and human rights for people with mental illness
2. Highlights positive contributions made by mental health recipients
3. Fights stigma and defies stereotypes associated with mental illness
4. Shares real-life stories of people with mental health concerns
Films MUST be about hope and recovery. Mental Illness MUST be the focus topic of the film, which includes but is not limited to:
1. Bipolar Disorder
3. Postpartum Disorders
4. OCD (Obsessive- Compulsive Disorder)
5. Eating Disorders (BDD, Bulimia, Anorexia, etc)
ALL FILMS MUST BE RATED “G” or “PG-13.”
Please DO NOT submit any other films unrelated to mental illness.
Spoken Language: Films MUST be in English spoken language or Bahasa Malaysia/Indonesia spoken language. Films other than in English language must have English subtitles.
Anyone, under age 18, submitting a film must have parental/guardian consent. Please contact us for more information.
All films must follow this export format – 1920 x 1080, .mp4 (H.264 compression) HD Format