Last Modified: 21 June 2016
- Malaysia Governing Law.
- Collection and Use of Personal Information and Other Information.
When we use the term “Personal Information” we mean information that would allow someone to identify you or contact you, such as your full name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number. When we use the term “Other Information”, we mean any information other than Personal Information that may be collected about you (Personal Information and Other Information, together, the “Information”).
a. Information We Collect that You Provide Us.
– User Registration. To the extent we offer user registration on the Site, to register as a member of the Site, you are required to select a user name and password (together, your “User ID”) and may be required to also provide other Information, such as your email address and date of birth. Additional Information may be requested during the registration process (but not required).
– In Connection with Certain Features and Functions. We may also provide you with access to certain features or functions that we may offer on the Site, such as the option to subscribe to a selection of free email newsletters and other periodic information, registration and member profile pages. To sign up for or participate in these features or functions, you may be required to provide us with certain Information about you in order for us to personalize and/or allow you to use such features and functions. For example, to sign up to receive email newsletters, you may be required to provide your email address, date of birth and zip code separate from any user registration.
– In Connection with Contests. There may be a separate registration process to enter Contests which may require the submission of all or some of the following: your first and last name, street address, city, state and zip code, email address, telephone number and date of birth. Additional Information may be requested depending on the specific Contest, but submission of such Information may be optional. The Contest’s entry page and/or Rules will provide the specific requirements. You may also have the opportunity to opt-in to receive special promotions or offers from our third party advertisers, sponsors or promotional partners (“Advertisers”) as a result of your use of the Site in connection with many of these types of promotions.
“Cookies” (which may be html files, Flash files or other technology) are text files that help store user preferences and activity. “Web beacons” (also known as image tags, gif or web bugs) are small pieces of code used to collect advertising data, such as counting page views, promotion views or advertising responses. The Site and/or third parties may use “cookies”, “web beacons” and other similar tracking technologies (collectively, “Tracking Technologies”) to collect Other Information automatically as you browse the Site and the web.
We use Tracking Technologies to help tailor our content, allow users to move between associated sites without logging into each site, understand Site and internet usage, improve or customize the content, offerings or advertisements on this Site, personalize your experience on this Site (for example, to recognize you by name when you return to the Site), save your password in password-protected areas, save your online game or video player settings, deliver relevant advertising, maintain and administer the Site and for other purposes described in the “Use of Information”, “Other Information Collected by Us” section below. These Tracking Technologies collect “click stream” data and additional Other Information regarding your visits to the Site, such as your visits to the Site’s webpages, use of our features, and purchasing history or preferences and may also collect your IP address or some other identifier unique to the Device you use to access the Site (“Identifier”). An Identifier is automatically assigned to any Device you use to access the Site. Your Personal Information is not collected as part of this process but we may associate Other Information collected by Tracking Technologies with Personal Information.
By visiting the Site, whether as a registered user or otherwise, you acknowledge, understand and hereby agree that you are giving us your consent to track your activities and your use of the Site through these Tracking Technologies and that we may use Tracking Technologies in the emails we send to you.
This Site may additionally use a variety of third party advertising networks, data exchanges, traffic measurement service providers, marketing analytics service providers and other third parties (collectively, “Third Party Advertising Service Providers”) to, for example, serve advertisements on the Site, facilitate targeting of advertisements and/or measure and analyze advertising effectiveness and/or traffic on the Site (“Targeting Services”). These Third Party Advertising Service Providers may enable us to display advertisements based on your visits to the Site and other websites you have visited. Targeting Services enable us to, among other things, help deliver advertisements or other content to you for products and services that you might be interested in, to prevent you from seeing the same advertisements too many times and to conduct research regarding the usefulness of certain advertisements to you.
These Third Party Advertising Service Providers do not have access to Tracking Technologies set by the Site except to the extent necessary to provide services to the Site. The Third Party Advertising Service Providers, as well as Advertisers, may themselves set and access their own Tracking Technologies on your Device if you choose to have Tracking Technologies enabled in your browser (or, for Flash cookies, if you have not removed them) and/or they may otherwise have access to Other Information about you.
c. Use of Information.
i. Personal Information. We, and/or our Parent Companies and Affiliates, use the Personal Information we collect from you in a variety of ways, including:
- Sending marketing and promotional e-mails;- Processing your registration with the Site, such as verifying that your e-mail address is active and valid;- Contacting you regarding the administration of your account, any services, features or functions you have enrolled in or registered to use, any Contests you have participated in or have entered, or any other activities you have engaged in with the Site;- Allowing you to participate in the public areas and/or other features of the Site;- Responding to your questions or other requests;- Contacting you regarding your use of the Site, for informational purposes related to the Site or, in our discretion, regarding changes to the Site’s policies;- Improving the Site or our services and for internal business purposes;- Tailoring your experience on the Site and/or otherwise customizing what you see when you visit the Site;- Saving your User ID or other Personal Information, so you don’t have to re-enter it each time you visit the Site;- Otherwise to maintain and administer the Site and- For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide the Personal Information.
ii. Other Information Collected by Us. We, and/or our Parent Companies and Affiliates, use the Other Information we collect from you in a variety of ways, including:
- Keeping count of your return visits to the Site or our Parent Companies’, Affiliates’, Advertisers’ or partners’ sites;- Accumulating and reporting aggregate, statistical information in connection with the Site and user activity;- Determining which features, webpages, products and services users like best to, among other things, help us operate the Site, enhance and improve our services and the Site and display advertising and marketing information;- Preparing statistics reports;- Allowing you to participate in the public areas and/or other features of the Site;- Improving the Site or our services and for internal business purposes;- Tailoring your experience on the Site and/or otherwise customizing what you see when you visit the Site;- Saving certain Other Information for use on your return visits to the Site;- Otherwise to maintain and administer the Site- For the uses described for “Personal Information” above and- For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide the Other Information.
- Opting-Out of Certain Uses of Your Personal Information and Other Information.
a. Opting-Out of Certain Uses of Personal Information.
i. In connection with Newsletters and other Editorial-based E-mails. To the extent the applicable Site offers newsletters or other editorial-based emails, to manage your newsletter preferences, you may click on the newsletter link provided in the footer of our website to select which newsletters you receive, follow the unsubscribe link in the applicable newsletter or unsubscribe by emailing us directly.
ii. Certain Continuing Rights Regardless of Opt-Outs. However, even if you exercise your opt-out rights above, we, or our Parent Companies or Affiliates, may continue to contact you for the other purposes described in the “Use of Information” Section above, such as for maintenance and administrative purposes.
- Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information and Other Information.
i. Disclosure to Parent Companies and Affiliates. We may disclose Personal Information to Parent Companies and Affiliates for marketing and/or administrative purposes.
ii. Disclosure of Certain Information in Postings Intended to Be Disclosed. Certain Personal Information associated with a Posting may be intended for disclosure (“Posting Information”), such as username. We will disclose Posting Information in connection with the display of, and other services relating to, such Posting.
iv. Disclosure to Operational Service Providers. We also have the right to disclose your Personal Information and Other Information to third parties for the purpose of administering and maintaining the Site’s services, features, functions and operations. We will refer to these third parties as “operational service providers”. We use operational service providers to efficiently provide the full range of content, activities, services, features and functions we bring you and we disclose your Information to operational service providers for the purpose of providing services to us.
v. Disclosure to Certain Other Third Parties. In addition to the above, we will make your Personal Information and Other Information available to certain third parties in the following limited circumstances:
- Reviewing, Updating or Deleting Certain Information.
Generally, you may review, update or delete certain Information collected by the Site by clicking “Account” on the homepage to sign in to your Site account with your User ID to change, update or deactivate your Personal Information. However, Personal Information that is necessary to check eligibility, such as date of birth or age, cannot be deleted, but may be modified with sufficient verification of the correct information. We will allow you to change the password portion of your User ID, as well as certain other Information you have given us in order to keep your information current, but once you select a user name you will not be able to change that user name provided to us during registration and which is associated with your User ID.
You may also exercise certain privacy settings options by, if you are a registered user of the Site and logged into the Site, clicking “Profile” or your display name at the top of the Site, selecting “Edit Profile” or “Manage Account” and selecting the “Privacy” tab.
Certain Information collected for certain entries into Contests are subject to corporate and regulatory recordkeeping requirements and will not be deleted upon the user’s request, unless the entrant is a child under the age of 16 years old.
If the burden or expense of providing access to your Information is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy or if the legitimate rights of others would be violated, we may decide not to provide access to such Information. In such cases, we will provide to you an explanation of why access cannot be provided and contact information for further inquiries.
Children or Ineligible Teenagers.. If we, or our Parent Companies or Affiliates, inadvertently send an email to a person that does not meet the age and other eligibility requirements of the Site, such as a child (a person under the age of 16) or others who do not meet the greater age requirements of certain features of this Site (“Ineligible Teenagers”), the child (or Ineligible Teenager) or the child’s (or Ineligible Teenager’s) parent or legal guardian (the “Parent”) always has the right to unsubscribe (opt-out) from receiving future emails via the unsubscribe mechanism contained in the email. The same unsubscribe process is available to a parent or legal guardian of a minor (a person under the age of 18, or the age of majority in your region).
- Protection of Information.
While no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure from intrusion, we maintain commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your Information. However, regardless of our efforts and the Device you use to access the Site, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications over an unsecured transmission. We limit access to the Site by our own employees to those individuals who are authorized for the proper handling of such information and any employee found violating our standards of security and confidentiality will be subject to our disciplinary processes. We request that our operational service providers follow similar standards of security and confidentiality.
Phishing. Phishing attacks attempt to steal consumers’ personal identity data and financial account credentials. “Phishers” use ‘spoofed’ e-mails to lead consumers to counterfeit websites designed to trick recipients into divulging Information such as credit card numbers, account usernames, passwords and social security numbers. WE DO NOT SEND EMAILS ASKING YOU TO PROVIDE OR CONFIRM CREDIT CARD NUMBERS OR YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD! If you receive such email communication, please forward it immediately to the Site’s Privacy Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org, and then immediately delete the fraudulent email from your computer.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your User ID, if applicable, and for any charges, costs, expenses, damages, liabilities and losses we incur or may suffer as a result of your failure to do so. You, and not us, are solely responsible and liable for the activity, behavior, use and conduct on the Site under your User ID (whether used by you or any others who use your User ID), unless and until you notify us that your User ID may have been compromised, misappropriated or improperly taken or used by another party. We reserve the right to deny access, use and registration privileges to any user, including without limitation, a registered user, of any services, features or functions of the Site if we believe there is a question about the identity of the person trying to access the user’s account or any services, features or functions.
b. Your Right to Request Personal Data. The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 permits our visitors who are domiciled in Malaysia to request certain information regarding our retention and disclosure of their personal data. To make such a request, please send an email to or write us: email@example.com via email, or you may contact us via regular email at firstname.lastname@example.org